Nov 30, 2011

Raw Brownies


I just made these last night to see whether they compared to the other brownies I make and I have to say, hands-down, I love this recipe more! Now, I love my Vitamix, don't get me wrong, but making brownies in it is one of the more frustrating processes because it tends to overheat and shut down for 30 minutes. I don't own a food processor, YET, but after last night's episode of my Vitamix shutting down 4 times, was enough to get me motivated to purchase one. The recipe actually calls for a food processor.... I like these because they are smooth and rich. I decided to coat them in coconut because that's how much I love coconut AND it looks prettier!

3 cups walnuts
3 cups dates (I love Medjool)
1 cup cacao powder
1/2 - 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup raw honey


Process the walnuts until finely ground. Add the dates and process again. Process remaining ingredients. Press mixture down in a glass brownie pan and serve. You can also roll into balls for brownie bites and roll in coconut. I like mine refrigerated for a bit. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to credit "The Raw Food Health Watch" for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete