Nov 18, 2011

Raw Harvest Pumpkin and Coconut Soup

If you're not afraid to open up a young Thai coconut, then here's a delicious recipe. Whole coconuts come with two benefits....the water inside, which is the most natural way of replenishing your body with electrolytes (I drank this the entire time I was in labor with my children) and the delicious meat, which offers endless possibilities in the RAW world for rich, hearty meals. I have recently been addicted to this recipe because it IS so delicious....and it's a great way to use up your pie pumpkins! I find that if I tell my daughter this is a smoothie, she's more inclined to eat it because in her world soup is always supposed to be warm! I received this recipe from the Raw Food Detox Diet book.

Meat of 2 young coconuts
1 1/2 cups coconut water
1 cup pumpkin cubes (about 1-inch cubes) or butternut squash
8 organic dates or 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (I used dates)
1 pinch nutmeg, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice (I used pumpkin pie spice)

No comments:

Post a Comment