Jul 22, 2013

Anti-oxidants

Recently, I have become a distributor for NuSkin.  Why?  Because they are the only company that has what my hand is on....the biophotonic scanner.  I am working very hard to obtain one for my business.  Along with the scanner, I have become a believer in NuSkin products as I've experienced some of them for myself and have seen the results on others as well.  I couldn't be more excited about it.  I am excited for many reasons.  One, this will be a great tool for my health coaching business.  In talking with some chiropractors, I am hearing that clients want measurements...numbers.  It's a sign of reassurance that they are making progress.  I can't tell you how delighted I was to have used the scanner for the first time and score in the blue, which is the best side to be on.  Most people in the United States score in the red or orange section, being at the lowest level of anti-oxidants in the body.

So what are anti-oxidants?  Well, let's take a look at the word "oxidation".  For example, when a car or bike rusts, it does so due to oxidation - mainly moisture.  The rust is the damage done to the car or bike as a result of not taking care of it by making sure that it is clean and dry.  Now think about our cells.  They, too, can be damaged by free radicals in our body and can even die.  Insert anti-oxidants!  When you see fruits or veggies, they come in all kinds of colors.  An anti-oxidant is basically the color inside the food.  You want that inside your body!  Blueberries, blackberries, kale, beets, etc.  The deeper the color, the better.  You won't find antioxidants in a bowl of cereal nor will you find them in a cheeseburger with a side of fries nor will you find them in angel food cake with a side of ice cream, which are all pretty much staples in the United States.  But you will find them in the produce section of the grocery store or out in your garden.  5-7 servings a day is what we should be consuming and if you're not, start today!  Keep your cells healthy.  They are depending on you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment