Jun 13, 2012

Raw Chocolate Ice Cream Bars


A few weeks ago, I saw a post on Facebook about these delicious looking raw/vegan ice cream bars.  The picture was a little fancier with white cocoa butter surrounding the chocolate, but I decided to skip that step.  I was pleasantly surprised at the ease and simplicity of this little treat.  As you see, my daughter is licking her lips over this in the picture.  My biggest concern with these was getting them out of the mold without the stick coming out empty.  If you allow it to freeze for the amount of time it says (and longer) unlike me who tried to sneak a peek prematurely, then you will have great success.  I do highly recommend running them under hot water first for 30 seconds before you start pulling them out of the mold.  Here's the recipe below and the link for the website is http://www.veggie-wedgie.com/?p=1505

Chocolate Pudding Ice cream Base
-4 ripe avocados
-1 cup raw cacao powder
-1 cup agave nectar
-1/2 cup water
Blend everything in a high-speed blender until completely smooth and transfer in ice cream molds. Freeze for at least 8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment