Aug 22, 2012

Egyptian Magic

 
About two weeks ago I was at lunch with a friend of mine.  We got talking about skin care and what we were using.  To be honest, I have been all over the board with skin care.  Most of my skin care has come from Whole Foods and recently I purchased Arbonne's entire RE-9 line.  I must admit, I really like Arbonne's line and if I could afford it all the time, I would definitely buy it because it's just that good....and vegan!  But alas, my supply has run out.....:(  However, my friend suggested Egyptian Magic, which is a healing balm comprised of natural ingredients derived from living plants and organisms.  I decided to give it a try.  It's a little pricey...$36 for a small tub of it...however, I think I just found my new skin care line.  It heals cuts, it heals scars, it heals stretch marks, fine lines, you name it!  It's also great for your hair to tame down frizz.  I've been using it for over a week now and my neck lines are slowly fading away as well as some fine lines around my eyes.  



When you open it, it looks like petroleum jelly.  All you need is a little bit and rub it into your hands, which will turn it into an oil for easier absorption of your skin.  It takes about 30 minutes to fully absorb.  I've been using at night and when I wake up, my skin feels incredibly soft and lively.  I do use coconut oil all over my skin during the day time, even my face, because I find coconut oil absorbs faster for day time use.  When I'm done rubbing the coconut oil on, I run my hands through my damp hair, then blow dry and this helps to cut down on my frizz.  I've had an incredible amount of compliments on my hair since I've been doing this.  I really love my new look. 

On their website, you will see the endorsement of this product by many celebrities, including Madonna.  Now regardless of your feelings on Madonna, she does have some great skin at age 50!  I guess she buys this stuff in bulk.  She can also afford to buy this stuff in bulk....  ;)

With this said, beauty does come from within...basically what you eat affects your skin.  I eat avocados like they are going out of style because they are yummy and oh so good for your skin.  So yes, eat healthy first and foremost...but don't forget about your epidermis!

No comments:

Post a Comment